In frames of the Program named "Autism: One World for All " a Network of Centers for children with autism and other developmental problems will be functioning in the cities of Astana, Almaty, Kyzylorda and Ust-Kamenogorsk.
The first center for autistic children, "AsylMiras" will be opened in Almaty on 23 June, 2015.
The "AsylMiras" Centers for children with autism is a multifunctional centers, which includes:
- Diagnostics Centers: Parents, who suspect symptoms of autism in their children, can come to the center where the multidisciplinary team of doctors, psychologists, teachers will conduct diagnostic testing using a global diagnostic methods (the "gold standard" methods) of children's autism.
- Centers for Psychological and Pedagogical Rehabilitation: the specialists of the Centers: psychologists, special education professionals, speech therapists etc., will conduct, on the basis of individually-designed developing program, their individual and group sessions with use of advanced technologies of work with autistic children: ABA (Applied Behavior Analysis )- therapy, sensory integration techniques, alternative communication, and others.
- Support Centers for Parents: Parents or other relatives of the child can receive needed information, advice, psychological support, as well as be trained in a special program to learn skills of at home-educating, teaching and child-developing. Parents can take an active part in various activities and in the daily life of the Centres.
- Centres for young specialists: For all those who want to help children with autism, the Centers will provide an opportunity to study advanced methods of correctional therapy for autistic children. To do so, the center will organize trainings, seminars, courses with the assistance of our highly-qualified domestic specialists from Kazakhstan and from foreign countries - to train professionals with the most advanced technologies of increasing development of autistic children. The training of specialists from governmental and non-governmental organizations from different regions of the country will improve the quality of professional services to children with autism spectrum disorders in all regions of Kazakhstan.
- Research Centres: In our centers we will conduct R&D/research and development activities, testing and introduction of new efficient technologies and techniques of work with autistic children. The centers will develop special educational and social programs to support children with autism in order to further ensure their implementation at the national level.
- Information Centers: The awareness raising activities to disseminate information and knowledge about children with autism and about the ways to help them in all spheres of social and public life will be the main activities. The Centres is ready to cooperate and to coordinate with all interested stakeholders-organizations who support children with autism (State-run organizations of education, social protection and healthcare, non-governmental organizations, including parents’ groups, the media and others.)
The Centres employs experts in the field of early childhood development, correctional support, speech therapy, psychology, defectology, motor-development, medical consultants, who are taking into consideration special needs of autistic children and are helping their parents to unleash the potential of their child.