The main goal of the program named "AsylMiras. Autism: One World for All"- is focused on improving the quality of life of autistic children through early rehabilitation, inclusive education and social integration, up to their further independent life in the society.
The program implies to create a Network of Centers for children with autism, including the cities of Astana, Almaty, Kyzylorda and Ust-Kamenogorsk, where the autistic children will receive high-quality services of early detection (diagnostics), psychological and educational rehabilitation and social adaptation, while their parents will be provided with support, assistance and advice on the development and education of children.
The Program “Autism: One World for All" will also include assistance to government’s institutions in terms of training and the introduction of modern advanced methods of screening, diagnosis of early-childhood autism, early intervention, rehabilitation and social integration of autistic children. With this purpose, the specialists of medical, educational and social institutions of Kazakhstan will be offered educational seminars, trainings in programs, elaborated by our foreign partners possessing cutting-edge technologies and expertise in work with autistic children.
The Program “Autism: One World for All" is framed to adapt the best international practices and experiences in Kazakhstan, to provide educational and methodological support for specialists and managers of the system of Public Healthcare, Education and Social Protection, as well as for non-governmental organizations of Kazakhstan.
The expected results of the program implementation:
1. A successfully functioning network of Centers for autistic children and their families will be available in Kazakhstan;
2. Children with autism will be provided with qualified rehabilitation services that will allow them to get included into a mainstream-education space and into social life;
3. Their Parents will receive information, counseling and psychological support;
4. The modern methods of global screening and diagnostics of ASD will be studied and introduced;
5. A model of early intervention will be created in Kazakhstan, which implementation in the governmental organizations will enable to effectively rehabilitate children with autism;
6. Kazakhstan will have highly qualified specialists to work with children and adults with ASD;
7. National programs to support children with autism will be developed and implemented, as well as a Model of the Inclusive educational environment to enable children with autism;
8. The population will be better informed about autism, which will contribute to a tolerant attitude towards people with ASD.